Kat Pummill and I go way back. We actually were both athletes at Miami University (Kat ran track and I swam) and I'm pretty sure we were in the same "how to not sound like a moron when interviewed" aka "public speaking for athletes" class. We've come a long way since those days and now are both
|Kat's super-yummy recipe can be found here.|
And so it is with great pleasure that I formally introduce Kat at today's Girl Crush of the Week and invite you all to join me in getting to know her even better!
|How cute is she? And why don't I own that trench?|
- Style icons? I know it’s been said, but Gwyneth Paltrow always looks so effortlessly chic and pulled together. I love how real and honest she is about how hard she works to look the way she does and it’s so refreshing to hear someone say it. I am also totally crushing hard on Marissa Webb right now for her casual chic style on Instagram and of course the fabulous Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific for style inspiration.
|Kat's adorable pup Banks.|
- Favorite book? The Loved Dog by Tamar Geller is hands-down the best book I’ve read about training and understanding your relationship with your pup. I used her methods to train my almost 2 year old Goldendoodle, Banks, and I go back to it all the time for reference.
- Favorite perfume? I absolutely adore Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. It’s definitely very “fancy lady” smelling but whenever I wear it, it just makes me feel so fabulous – and that’s the whole point of a perfume, right?
|Kat and her hubby Chris.|
- Interior design philosophy? I’m a big fan of southern-costal meets French-country meets contemporary-traditional. So I guess that means I am a fan of blending decorating styles J My husband and I just purchased our first house so I’m in MAJOR home décor mode right now…like staying up way past my bedtime pinning different paint colors and surfing the latest flash sales on Joss & Main and One Kings Lane.
- Best "hidden gem" store? I travel a lot, so I’m a huge online shopper. I’ve recently been buying some great stuff through Joyus, which is an online “collection” of name brand products that has short videos instead of product descriptions. I thought it was kind of weird at first, but I’ve gotten everything from a fab new lip color, to this adorable blue blazer by Greylin (that I get complimented on ALL the time) to my new juicer, which works great and for $75 - is a steal.
- Must-have beauty product? Right now I’m currently obsessed with my Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation. It’s a step up from a tinted moisturizer, but not as thick as typical foundation and gives my skin this amazing dewy glow.
- Favorite song? Crushing hard on anything and everything Ellie Goulding right now. I did all of my triathlon training to her new album last summer and she’s going to be running the Nike Women’s Half Marathon with me next weekend (major girl crush!). Also loving local Chicago band Gemini Club (check out Nothing But History).
- Secret addiction? Friends re-runs on Nick at Nite. I have seen every episode so many times I know many of them by heart, but there is something so comforting about having it on in the background while I’m doing blog work at night. Also, it’s fun to see the “fashions” of the late 90s. Ahhh crop tops and bad jeans.
- Motto/quote to live by? “Sweat once a day.” That, and – you can never be in a bad mood if you’re wearing neon.
- Favorite drink? Pre-run drink: Mean Green Juice Smoothie. Post-run drink: Champagne Cocktail (champagne with bitters)
- My bracelet stack isn't complete without... My Tory Burch gold and tortoise shell cuff. Love gold and tortoise, goes with everything!
- I get my sweat on by... Right now it’s running; normally I would say yoga, but I’m doing the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in DC next weekend so that has been my main focus lately, with a few weekly yoga classes thrown in to balance it out. I am definitely looking forward to getting back to more yoga and Pilates once the race is over!