I am not totally sure how i was introduced to the blog Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers but I think it may have been by our friend Tina. I'm fairly certain that Tina brought the blog to our attention last year and I have been following it religiously ever since. Things really came to a head though when I started following Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers' founder Natalie Mason on Instagram and she followed me back. You know how that goes- just like that, she was my girl.
As the title of Natalie's blog's alludes, Natalie shares with readers everything from her designer finds to wonderful meals (seriously I'm obsessed with her Roasted Vegetable Couscous and Chopped Greek Salad) to wait for it...
- Style icons? Gwyneth Paltrow is my number one style icon and girl crush. She always looks fab even in workout gear. I want to stalk her and be friends. She always looks effortless. I also love Olivia Palermo and Jessica Alba. They have great style and aren't afraid to try new trends. I admire Jessica Alba because as a Mommy she has not sacrificed her style at all.
- Favorite book? This is a tough one. But recently I read Wild by Cheryl Strayed and it just really stuck with me. Not a typical book I would read, but a great story. I highly recommend it.
|Natalie and her hubby Matt.|
- Favorite perfume? I love Chloe, I have been wearing it for years. Plus it comes in a really cute bottle with a bow, so it looks pretty sitting on my vanity as well!
- Interior design philosophy?
- Buy what makes you happy. Your home should be filled with pieces you love to look at.
- You can never have too many coffee table books.
- Animal print is always a good idea.
- Best hidden gem store? I would have to say TJMaxx. You have to dig and get there frequently but you can find some really great stuff there. I just found an Equipment Dress at our local one (photo above). It was such a great find, I could not believe my luck! They get in great brands you just have to take a little time to look. I love the thrill of the hunt and finding a good bargain.
- Must-have beauty product? As a mommy lets be real a lot of nights I don't get a lot of sleep, combine that with my dark eye circles I inherited from mom and you are looking at some eyes that need some serious help. So, concealer is essential to me. I swear by Clu De Peau's concealer. It is a little pricey but it works so well. Its is the best concealer I have used. Plus it lasts forever so you really get your money's worth.
- Favorite song? This is totally random but I love The Gambler by Kenny Rogers. I also love Islands in the Stream- I guess you could say I am a Kenny Rogers fan:)
- Secret obsession? Trashy gossip magazines. I used to buy every single gossip magazine. True story every Friday morning I would stalk the grocery stores for the new issues, even going to more than one store to find them. I have grown up a bit now and limit myself to a subscription to two- US Weekly and People. I do still browse the others while waiting inline at the grocery store. I have a weird obsession with celebrities' daily lives :)
- Motto/quote to live by? Enjoy the little things in life, because someday you will look back and realize they were the big things.
- Favorite drink? Non-alcoholic is Sparkling Water, and then alcoholic would be a crisp glass of white wine. I love me some white wine.
- My bracelet stack isn't complete without? I have recently been obsessed with this slide bracelet my mom gave me. It looks great alone or layered on with other gold bangles. It is special to me because it is filled with slides she and my grandmother collected over the years. Many of the slides represent birthstones of family members which I think is cool.
- I get my sweat on by? I alternate my workouts frequently because I get burned out easily. I run some, do some DVDS, and Barre Classes. I have really been into the Barre Classes lately and always love to do my Tracey Anderson Mat DVD. It is a great workout that really tones your body up! If Tracey can make Gwyneth's body look that good than maybe she can help mine, right?