Now, I have only been to Palm Beach a couple of times but I am absolutely in LOVE with it. The weather, the glamour and the lifestyle are perfection and the ladies of the Luxe Report embody it to a T. So naturally, when I was thinking about who next to feature in our Design Envy series, co-founders Christin and Lauren came to mind. Up first we have Christin Carron sharing the home she and her husband share.
|Christin enjoying a cocktail after a hard days work of being fabulous.|
- When did you move into your home? Six months ago, November 2012
- How did you approach the design? Was there a vision? Did one of you take the lead?
- Luxe Report Designs philosophy is about embracing old Palm Beach glamour, while maintaining a current sophistication by incorporating clean, modern lines and a bold, but simple color palette.
- As far as my approach to my new house, I did just that. I already had a household of furniture that I've collected throughout the years. It was my goal to use what I had, but freshen up some pieces with new upholstery, refinishing, etc. I tend to be a commitment phobe with color, so my overall palette is pretty neutral...bringing in color through pillows, accessories, art, etc. I'm inspired by so much in the designworld... it's important to me to be surrounded by pieces I truly love.
- Did you have to undertake any major renovations or was the home move-in ready? While we have big (renovation) plans in the future, all we did when we moved in was refinish the floors and give every room a fresh coat of white paint. It's amazing what a transformation just that will do! The major projects down the road will be enhancing the closet and bathroom situations. The house was built in 1925 so they're currently less than ideal!
- Were there any major challenges you had to overcome? The biggest challenge for me was probably the lack of closet space. This crisis was averted by using our third bedroom as my dressing room. It's been a great solution...at least until we have kids!
- Were there any things one of you said ABSOLUTELY NOT about? Not really... My husband wanted to take the lead on the study/office...but as a designer, it was hard for me to relinquish control even of that. He was a good sport and opted for design control over our downstairs closet instead. I must say, he made the best of it...Our "wine closet" is now one of my favorite parts of the house!
- What were the mandatories? Outdoor furniture! Moving from our townhouse, where we were limited on outdoor space, I was ecstatic to gain a huge yard with our new home. Like I said, we already had a house full of furniture, but no outdoor pieces, so buying that was a priority. We immediately got a cabana, loveseats, chaise lounges and we finally got our outdoor dining table and chairs this week!
- What are your top two favorite things in your home?
- The original character and architectural detail was what really drew us to the home. They just don't do Mediterranean architecture like they use to. The arches, windows, pecky cyprus ceilings, carved fireplace mantel are all thing I love about the house! And the pool...I've always wanted a pool!
- In terms of furniture, its so hard to narrow it down since I try to only buy things I LOVE! If I had to choose, maybe it would be my antique crystal empire chandelier my mom gave me and our vintage Chinese Chippendale dining chairs that I've always coveted and finally got for the deal of the century!
- Any design tips? You don't have to spend a ton of money to have a well curated, tasteful home. But save up for the pieces you really love and don't settle.
- Anything else to add? I'm thrilled at where we've come in just six months of the move, but it's still a work in progress...especially the bedrooms. Continue to follow on Luxe Report for more home updates as well as other Luxe Report Designs interior design and event planning projects!
Isn't their home just a dream come true?!! You have room for a guest right Christin? ;) Make sure to check back in a couple of weeks for Lauren's lovely home!
PS our former Girl Crush Allie has featured me on her wedding planning blog today- check it out here!!