Well it has been quite a bit of time (since January YIKES) since I have updated you all on the wedding planning. Since we spoke last time, we have passed some very exciting milestones that I thought I'd share.
|Go big or go home.|
- Back in November, I got my wedding dress in LA with my mom. I only went to one store and bought like the seventh dress I tried on. Believe me, I am as shocked as you probably are. What can I say, when you know, you know!
- A few weeks ago I went for my first official fitting which was so exciting! I don't want to give away too much, but I had some fairly major alterations, so it was great to try the dress on with those changes :) I have also secured my shoes so it's fun to see the whole look start to come together.
|I love how classic and pretty these invites are.|
- Last week we ordered our wedding invitations and we got to see proofs this week. When I opened the email, I admittedly shrieked with joy- they were exactly what we wanted!
- Back in January, we visited a rental warehouse with our wedding planner and got to design the tablescapes for the reception. I absolutely loved being able to see how different plates, linens, glasses, etc all worked together in real life. TC liked it too, for about an hour. Luckily he had his phone to entertain him for the next two hours!
|Welp, we might just have to copy this idea.|
- This week we got to see a draft of our reception menu! We had shared some ideas of what we were thinking about with our wedding planner but to see the menu come to life was so amazing. We're making some tweaks (more bacon!) and we cannot wait to be able to try all of the yummy options.
- Speaking of tastings, we scheduled some time in May to go cake tasting. I mean, do I really need to explain why this is exciting? :)
We've still got quite a bit of work to do, but it's great to get these things under our belts. Up next are our bachelor/bachelorette parties. I cannot wait for some major fun in the sun with my besties come May!!