Girl Crush of the Week: Lauren Brousell
I am not sure exactly when we here at Tartan & Sequins started noticing the adorable Lauren Brousell of the blog Pretty Pieces. Could it have been when she wrote this post on plaid aka TARTAN? Or could it have been when she wrote this post on Monogram Madness? We aren't sure really, but we are sure of is that she's adorable, has a great sense of style and seems like a genuinely sweet girl. Get to know Miss Lauren better in this today's Girl Crush of the Week!
- Style icon(s)? My style icons are Kate Middleton, Blake Lively, Olivia Palermo and Jennifer Aniston. Any of them can wear a little black dress with simple accessories and look amazing. That’s true style.
- Favorite book? That’s a tough one, I have so many favorites! My most recent favorite is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I could not put it down, so many twists and turns! Some of my all time favorites are The Glass Castle, Eat Pray Love, and One Day. The books are ALWAYS better than the movies.
- Favorite perfume? My all-time favorite is Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey, it’s one of the only perfumes I’ve found that actually stays on all day. I only using it sparingly though because it’s so expensive!
- Interior Design philosophy? I like to mix and match things, I don’t believe things have to match to look good. I plan on discovering more of my interior design style when I move into my apartment this summer in Boston, and so far I’ve collected quite a few coffee table books and art for the walls.
- Best "hidden gem" store? I love Moxie, it’s a small boutique in Wellesley and Boston and they always have a unique collection of designer items, like Tory Burch shoes and bags you don’t see in department stores.
- Must-have beauty product? Anything from Benefit, especially the Dallas bronzer, I can’t go a day without using it! I also love Benefit’s They’re Real mascara.
- Favorite song? At the moment, anything country is being played non-stop in my car and on my iPod. I love Tim McGraw, Jason Aldean, The Band Perry and recently I’ve gotten into Little Big Town.
- Secret addiction? Pretty Little Liars and Homeland, I’ve spent the majority of this winter watching both shows on Netflix!
- Motto/Quote to live by? Follow your passion. I’ve found that this is a great rule to live by in terms of my career, my blog and my life in general. If you’re passionate about something, that’s when you’ll do your best work.
- Favorite drink? Normally I go for Captain Morgan’s and Coke, but recently I discovered this drink called a beer-tail, which is made with pumpkin beer, sparkling cider, lemon and cinnamon...so good!
- My bracelet stack isn't complete without... My new David Yurman style silver bracelet that I just bought at Moxie a few weeks ago!
- I get my sweat on by... Lately I’ve been doing gentle yoga on the weekends to change up my gym routine. It’s so relaxing and good to stretch out your back after sitting in a cubicle all week.