Girl Crush of the Week: Dominique Snipes DeLaney
|Work those accessories girl!|
And now, without any further ado, please join us in getting to know the wonderful Dominique!
- Style icons? Interiors would of course be Kelly Wearstler. The woman can do no wrong in the design world. As for fashion…I am borderline obsessed with Olivia Palermo but who isn’t, right? She has impeccable taste and I’m always jealous of how perfectly styled she is!
- Design philosophy? Invest in great pieces, have a plan and buy what you love. If you do these things you can’t go wrong. Decorating a home takes time and patience…or so I am learning. I would much rather wait to save up for a piece that I absolutely adore than to just buy something to fill up an empty space.
|The DeLaney family.|
- Favorite book of all time? The Baby Sitter’s Club…I haven’t had much time to read lately, can you tell? I do really want the Compawssion: Portraits of Rescued Dogs book though!
- Best advice you ever received? Do What You Love. One of the most important things in life…if you are miserable at work every day it’s hard to be happy! Note to self!
- Favorite stores? I should buy stock in Anthropologie…I can do some major damage in that store but it can sometimes break the bank! I love Asos, Shopbop, Zara, TopShop, Dorothy Perkins and Forever21.
|Ohhhhh girl, we feel your excitement!!|
- Dream place to live? Paris-does every girl say this? I just loved my trip there. Okay maybe it was because I had just gotten engaged or the enormous Louis Vuitton store and all the shopping…but even if it was, it’s one of my favorite places!
- The one product you're obsessed with right now? I am way behind on the Moroccan oil obsession and I just started using it a few months ago. I have “virgin” hair…I know it is crazy but I’ve never even had highlights. Not even with Sun-In! I love my natural color and I am terrified to do anything that would mess it up! But the Moroccan oil has made my hair so shiny and I have less frizz so I’d call that success.
- Biggest indulgence? Currently, Chic-fil-A peppermint and chocolate chip milkshakes! They are only around during the holidays, thank the Lord or I would turn into an Oompa Loompa…but they are SO delicious. Am I am total fatty for naming a food or just hungry?
|Isn't Blake everyone's girl crush?|
- Girl crush? Blake Lively. She seems so down to earth and is drop dead gorgeous…I just LOVE her style.
- Favorite song? Peaches and Cream by 112. Okay, not really but it’s hard for me to choose…I, like my girl Allison enjoy the best of thug life jams. The Mr. is always amazed at my immediate memorization of rap songs (the clean version of course). It’s a hidden talent…but don’t expect to see me spittin’ rhymes on karaoke night.
- Prized possession? Our golden doodle, Harper. I feel like I am one of “those” people who act like their dog is a human…but she kind of is. She’s hilarious and I’m not really sure what I did with my time before we got her! The best present yet.
- Motto? I am a worrywart; I get it from my Mom. So recently I saw this quote, “Worry is like praying for what you don’t want.” So true, right?
- Best place on earth? Italy. We took a trip in May and I am already dying to go back. The food & wine, the shopping and the breath taking countryside. How could you not love it there?
- Favorite drink? I’m not big on cocktails unless it is a strawberry-cucumber gin fizz…I would much rather have a glass of New Age white wine with a slice of lime.
|Okay seriously, how amazing is this dog?|
|Dominique and the hubs being fabulous in Italy. It's like whatever.|