You gotta fight, for your right, to party PLAN!!
While I love attending a good party, I love throwing one even more. I really adore having all my friends over to enjoy good food and drinks.
My boyfriend and I have finally gotten settled in our new apartment and decided to throw a housewarming party. We invited about 30ish of our closest friends over for an evening of pizza and cocktails. It was a fabulous night and I'd love to share it with all of you.
- Much to my boyfriend's chagrin, I chose a pink and white color theme. We have a couple of pink accents in our home, but really not too much so I thought it was a fun way for me to use it without it being in our home everyday. It was subtle though so he was okay with it :)
- For the set-up, I thought it was important to set up different stations for people to eat/converse. Our apartment isn't massive so I wanted to avoid a bottleneck at any one place. So I set up the main food on the buffet in the living room. The cheese/crackers/charcuterie were on the coffee table. The desserts were on the console table in the front hall and the drinks table was in the eat-in kitchen.
- In terms of a menu, I wanted to choose items that were delicious, easy to eat and wouldn't require us being in the kitchen all night.
- For appetizers, I bought four types of cheese, four types of crackers and two types of meat (salami and prosciutto). My friend Lauren made a fabulous spinach artichoke dip and chips that I placed on the coffee table too. On the buffet, we also had two types of crostini- one leek and blue cheese and one pesto, mozzarella and tomato. One risky, one safe and both easy to eat!
- As I mentioned before, I am a BIG fan of pizza so we decided on three types of pizza- one leek, mushroom, bacon and white truffle pizza, one spicy sausage, mushroom, onion and pepper pizza and then a margarita pizza. We made two of each pizza so there was plenty to go around!
- For dessert, I made two options- classic chocolate chip cookies and cookies and cream rice krispie treats. The later proved to be a bit of a challenge (total Lucille Ball moment) but they were yummy nonetheless.
- I am a bit crazy when it comes to my apartment, so I wanted to go with clear-ish drinks to avoid any flip-outs over inevitable spills. We offered beer, white wine, vodka, gin and a signature cocktail. The signature cocktail was a bigger hit than we were expecting haha. I suppose vodka, pink lemonade and Sprite will do that to you!
Do you all have any great party tips and/or recipes? If so, let me know in the comments section! Xo
Would you be willing to share some of your recipes?! The pizzas sound delicious!ReplyDelete
My go to is select gourmet cheeses with thinly sliced apples, grapes, some strawberries for garnish and candied nuts - it looks beautiful on my Pottery Barn Great White platters (full of colors) and is always a hit with guests!
Thanks for the great app suggestion- I love the addition of the fruit!
And yes, I'll post the pizza recipes asap!
sounds like a fantastic party--wish i could have been there!!ReplyDelete