You gotta fight, for your right, to party PLAN!!
While I love attending a good party, I love throwing one even more. I really adore having all my friends over to enjoy good food and drinks.
My boyfriend and I have finally gotten settled in our new apartment and decided to throw a housewarming party. We invited about 30ish of our closest friends over for an evening of pizza and cocktails. It was a fabulous night and I'd love to share it with all of you.
- Much to my boyfriend's chagrin, I chose a pink and white color theme. We have a couple of pink accents in our home, but really not too much so I thought it was a fun way for me to use it without it being in our home everyday. It was subtle though so he was okay with it :)
- For the set-up, I thought it was important to set up different stations for people to eat/converse. Our apartment isn't massive so I wanted to avoid a bottleneck at any one place. So I set up the main food on the buffet in the living room. The cheese/crackers/charcuterie were on the coffee table. The desserts were on the console table in the front hall and the drinks table was in the eat-in kitchen.
- In terms of a menu, I wanted to choose items that were delicious, easy to eat and wouldn't require us being in the kitchen all night.
- For appetizers, I bought four types of cheese, four types of crackers and two types of meat (salami and prosciutto). My friend Lauren made a fabulous spinach artichoke dip and chips that I placed on the coffee table too. On the buffet, we also had two types of crostini- one leek and blue cheese and one pesto, mozzarella and tomato. One risky, one safe and both easy to eat!
- As I mentioned before, I am a BIG fan of pizza so we decided on three types of pizza- one leek, mushroom, bacon and white truffle pizza, one spicy sausage, mushroom, onion and pepper pizza and then a margarita pizza. We made two of each pizza so there was plenty to go around!
- For dessert, I made two options- classic chocolate chip cookies and cookies and cream rice krispie treats. The later proved to be a bit of a challenge (total Lucille Ball moment) but they were yummy nonetheless.
- I am a bit crazy when it comes to my apartment, so I wanted to go with clear-ish drinks to avoid any flip-outs over inevitable spills. We offered beer, white wine, vodka, gin and a signature cocktail. The signature cocktail was a bigger hit than we were expecting haha. I suppose vodka, pink lemonade and Sprite will do that to you!
Do you all have any great party tips and/or recipes? If so, let me know in the comments section! Xo