Girl Crush of the Week: Megan Leanderson
|Introducing.... Megan Leanderson and her little friend :)|
Megan's blog, Pink to Green, charts many aspects of her amazing life in Charlotte, NC. From whipping up recipes like a delectable banana cake to decorating her beautiful home to searching for her inner peace (and no, not the kind achieved when you finally got THAT BLOUSE you've been lusting after and on sale for no less), Pink to Green runs the gambit. Megan is a sweet as she is talented so we are VERY honored to have her as our Girl Crush of the Week!
|Megan's feature in The Knot!|
- Style icons? Places I’ve lived, rather than people, are what I find most iconic in terms of style. I get dressed thinking about the ebullient charisma of an Italian woman, the beachy-bohemian vibe so easily worn by my friends down under or the classic elegance on the streets of Georgetown.
- Design philosophy? Take your time, let things evolve and go with your gut. When you see a piece that you love, get it and work it into your home.
- Favorite book of all time? There are too many! The World According to Garp, The Red Tent and Little Women top the list.
- Best advice you ever received? Just breathe. Yoga’s calming influence on my life is palpable. It teaches you that by coming back to your breath, even the most anxiety-ridden situations don’t seem so bad.
- Favorite stores? I’ve always found wonderful, collectable pieces at Elie Tahari and Club Monaco. For everyday, J Crew, Gap and Target are great. If I won the lottery, my first stop would be Traditions in Charlotte; I would buy hand knotted rugs and custom upholstered furniture to the high heavens. My favorite stores these days tend to be more design focused.
|The madras bow tie? This gentleman is just too dapper for his own good.|
- Dream place to live? Charleston, SC because it combines the best of beach life and southern charm. Oh, and the food is outta this world!
- Biggest indulgence? Food. I was taught to appreciate and cherish cooking and entertaining. Being in the kitchen brings me such joy; I am constantly trying new recipes.
|I'd say the friendship with Giada was a match made in heaven!|
- Girl crush? Kristen Bell and Giada DeLaurentis are my best friends; they just don’t know it yet.
- Favorite song? I walked down the aisle to Strawberry Swing by Coldplay so that will always hold a special place in my heart.
- Prized possession?
- My grandmother’s charm bracelet
- A lucky turquoise necklace gifted to
me from my husband (pictured above)
- The first piece of artwork we bought for our house in New Zealand
- Lemon colored Le Cruset makes cooking even more fun
- Pucci scarf that I bought in Italy
- Current hangout? On the mat, Y2. Off the mat, Halcyon. I love their menu, décor and cocktails pictured above!
- Motto? It’s not about doing everything; it’s about doing something. When it comes to making healthier decisions or being eco-friendly it can easily become overwhelming. I’m passionate about both, but truly believe it isn’t an all or nothing proposition.
- Best place on earth? Mudbrick vineyard in New Zealand. It is the most special restaurant experience in the world.
- Favorite drink? Champagne en mass or a good crisp NZ Sauvignon Blanc.
|Megan and her hubby sharing a laugh.|
Thanks for sharing this adorable blog! I will be a new follower!ReplyDelete
She is darling. Love Strawberry Swing! That song makes me so happy!!! Oh and the pic of Megan in her wedding dress?!?!? GORGEOUS! xox ElizabethReplyDelete
So crazy, I ate at Halcyon the other night! I need to meet this pretty lady- Charlotteans, unite!ReplyDelete
I came over here via Megan's blog- what a fun series!!ReplyDelete