Girl Crush of the Week: Julia Bayard (aka moi)
|Photo Credit: Christy Lottie|
When Allison featured herself as a Girl Crush back in March, she asked me if I'd like to do one on myself as well. At the time, we agreed that I would have one ready to go in case someone had to cancel at the last minute or if we messed up on the scheduling. Well my friends, that day has come. Thought you knew everything about me? Well okay, you do know A LOT about me but there's always more to share. So sit back and enjoy the ride as you get to know yours truly even better in today's Girl Crush of the Week.
|I suppose I have quite a few shoes...|
- Style icons? While it should come as no surprise that I love the styles of Olivia Palermo, Nicky Hilton, Gwyneth Paltrow and Lauren Conrad, but I also really love my blogging friends' styles. I think being able to see real women translate trends and styles is even more inspirational. My favorites are Allison of course, Julia of Gal Meets Glam, Brooke Wise of StyleWise, Bethany of BSOUP, Elizabeth of The Now, and Sarah of Classy Girls Wear Pearls. Last but certainly not least, I love my mother's style. Every once and awhile, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think 'wow, I am my mother's daughter.' Don't tell her that though ;)
My mom and I in the same Miami tee.
- Design philosophy? I want everything in my home to have a purpose and a story. Otherwise it's just clutter.
- Favorite book of all time? Besides Harold and The Purple Crayon? (best kids book ever) I guess I am revealing my past as an angsty teen when I say The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I am so thrilled that they made a move out of it and love that the writer is also the director. I can't wait to go see how he brought the characters to life. You know, me and all the other 17 year olds ;)
- Best advice you ever received? Someone once told me that it's important to be nice to everyone. I wasn't the nicest person growing up and I still am not perfect, but I really do try and be nice to everyone. Unless you've caught me before I've been caffeinated. Then all bets are off.
- Favorite stores? Well it should come to no surprise that J.Crew tops my list. I also love Zara, Urban Outfitters, Kate Spade, Piperlime to name a few. I'm realized recently that I do almost all my shopping online so I'm trying to bring some brick and mortars back into the rotation. My neighborhood has a ton of great spots!
- Dream place to live? The south! Everyone is so charming and the food is SO GOOD!
- The one product you're obsessed with right now? I am going to have to say my EYEKO eyeliner that I got in my Birchbox. It's a liquid liner that legit goes on like a marker. It's so easy to use and lasts all day! I highly recommend it to everyone :)
- Biggest indulgence? I'd say shopping. I by no means am a shopaholic nor do I really buy anything that's super expensive. But I do think that I am very lucky that even when I am saving for my wedding, that I still have the available funds to buy a few things a month. There definitely was a point when I was starting out in advertising that I had to work two jobs just to make due. So now that I've worked my butt off to get where I am, I like to be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.
|This photo was from my first blog photoshoot. It was raining, we were borrowing a camera and TC wanted to kill me. Welcome to the glamorous life of a blogger!|
- Girl crush? I'd say that while I have a ton of style icons, my girl crushes are my friends. Wonderful, sweet, honest, hardworking, I love my friends!
- Prized possession? My engagement ring. And my iPhone. Is that weird?
|Photo Credit: Nayomi Ho|
- Current hangout? Probably the pilates studio! I grew up swimming and working out in a gym but I found myself getting really bored with it. As you all know, I've been trying to get in shape so I decided to start going to workout classes with my friends. Maybe six months ago my friend introduced to a pilates studio in our neighborhood and I got hooked! I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss it when I'm out of town or sick and can't go.
- Motto? Go big or go home. I believe that if you're going to do something, you give it your all.
- Best place on earth? My bed :)
- Favorite drink? My go-to is usually white wine, like a chardonnay from Markham or La Crema. If I'm drinking cocktails, my new favorite is the Hemingway Daiquiri! It's ingredients include maraschino liquor which only comes in a massive bottle. So I have a crapload of that to work through. Sounds like I have a lot more Hemingway Daiquiris in my future!