Girl Crush of the Week: Ashley Aspinwall of SideSmile Style
We are so excited to introduce you to our lovely Girl Crush of the Week, Ashley Aspinwall of SideSmile Style! Born and raised in Dallas, Ashley is currently attending the University of Missouri, where she's majoring in textiles and apparel management. She's also the manager of local Columbia, MO boutique Elly's Couture, which, based on her Instagrammed merch photos, I am LEGIT thinking might be worth the cross country trip!
- Style icons? Audrey Hepburn, Camilla Belle, Meredith Melling Burke, Lauren Santo Domingo, Blair Eadie, Sarah Jessica Parker, Caroline Sieber, Rachel Zoe, Ashley Olson, Miroslava Duma, Olivia Palermo, Edie Sedgewick, Kate Moss...and that is the condensed list.
- Design philosophy? I think I tend to respond to classic looks with a twist. I really enjoy mixing things together that are in conflict, ie: spikes and pink tweed, motorcycle boots and sequins, beaded flapper dresses and denim vests-you get the picture. I like to look pretty and polished, but I still enjoy having that little bit of edge. A little implied wink that let's people know you're having fun and not taking it too seriously. That's really what SideSmile is all about: feeling free to wear silly things because you love them, and just not caring.
- Favorite book of all time? Honestly one of my favorite books of all time is Ramona the Pest. I read it about once a year. I think that a lot of the lessons you learn in kindergarden still apply, and sometimes we need a refresher. Two of my other favorites are The Great Gatsby and Perks of Being a Wallflower. I am next level excited for both of those books to come out, mostly because my friends who refuse to read them will finally know what I'm talking about (sidesmile).
- Best advice you've ever received? When I was little my mom always told me "Don't worry about anyone else or what they are doing, just worry about Ashley." It has turned out to be great advice through out the years.
- Favorite stores? Neiman Marcus, J. Crew, Shopbop, Asos, Sephora
- Dream place to live? I would love to spend a year in Paris, six months in Italy, a year in New York, and a summer in California. That said, after graduation I can't imagine wanting to set down roots anywhere other than Dallas. I fought it as long as I could, but Texas is in my blood. I'll just have to find a job with great travel opportunities then I will be set.
- The one product you're obsessed with right now? I am completely obsessed with anything and everything from Renee Rouleau. Her products literally transformed my skin, especially the Skin Correcting Serum and the Vitamin C & E treatment. Her blog is my Skin Care Bible, she covers every topic imaginable. I also really like Sunday Riley's Good Genes.
- Biggest indulgence? All of the Real Housewives shows on Bravo. It is so shameful, but I am completely addicted. I am not a very dramatic person, so I tend to steer away from conflict. I think this is how I get my fix. I also always, always tune in for Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen. I love the oddball pairings of guests, like Nene Leaks and Anderson Cooper...how does it get better than that?
- Girl crush? I have a MAJ-OR girl crush on Kate Hudson. Ever since I saw Almost Famous it was all over. In my mind, she can do no wrong.
|Ashley and our other blogging BFF Bethany|
- Favorite song? Dreams by Fleetwood Mac.
- Prized possession? My scroll heart ring from Alex Monroe. I wear it everyday and would feel naked without it.
- Current hangout? Ernie's Cafe in downtown Columbia, MO. They have the best breakfast in town!
- Motto? SideSmile!
- Best place on earth? Gloria's
mexican restaurant in Dallas is pretty much ground zero for many a great night out with me and my friends.
- Favorite drink? If I'm feeling fancy (and I usually am) a French 75.
Facebook // Pinterest // Instagram // Twitter
P.S. - Don't forget to enter the GiGi New York Fuchsia All-In-One Bag Giveaway!
Loooove me some Ashley and luckily I go to hang out with her last week!!!! I love your style icon list!! All of their styles are incredible and so is yours!! Totally obsessed with the Real Housewives too!!! And Andy Cohen is my pretend boyfriend...errr friend? xoxoReplyDelete
she's adorbs! thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
I know she is a serious girl crush of mine as well!ReplyDelete
She is so stinkin cute...just love her!! Have a great weekend :)ReplyDelete
So adorable! I will definitely have to go follow her. You always pick the loveliest ladies for this segment. Love it. :)ReplyDelete
Love Ashley's style! :) xoReplyDelete
Great feature! I love French 75's too had 3 last night xReplyDelete
Ashley is the cutest! xoReplyDelete