Girl Crush of the Week: Tessa MacCormac + Cake for Breakfast Bracelet Giveaway
|I'm clearly obsessed with Cake for Breakfast!|
Its no secret that I love a good arm party. Both my arm and my jewelry drawer are overflowing with baubles. Regardless, I am always on the hunt for new pieces. Enter Cake for Breakfast.
I think I first discovered Cake for Breakfast via Instagram and immediately fired up my browser to stalk the Etsy store. I was overwhelmed with all the fabulous options but finally narrowed it down to the Jessa bracelet pictured above. Fastforward a few months and its safe to say, the bracelet is part of my standard rotation.
|The super chic Tessa MacCormac!|
But this post is not about an awesome Etsy shop, its about the brains BEHIND the Etsy shop, Miss Tessa MacCormac. If Cake for Breakfast wasn't amazing enough, Tessa also writes for the super-cool TheStyleSpy.com (one of Canada's top online fashion publications) and has her own blog, Belle Opoque. Totally cool right?! Get know know all the other reasons why she's our latest Girl Crush of the Week!
- Style icons? I don't so much idolize celebrities for their style, but more fellow bloggers. I love Alicia's style of Cheetah is the New Black, Taylor Sterling of Sterling Style, and Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere, just to name a few.
- Design philosophy? As a designer, I don't really have a philosophy per se. When I'm creating pieces I constantly keep in my mind 'Do I love this?', I should want to wear my pieces everyday and be able to mix and match. If I'm not absolutely head over heels with something, it's back to the drawing board. I want girls to feel sweet and sparkly in my pieces.
- Favorite book of all time? As lame as this may sound, I remember thoroughly enjoying reading the book Holes back in the day. I also just started reading the 50 shades trilogy (who isn't?) and I haven't been able to put it down.
- Best advice you ever received? Do what you love and fortune will follow.
- Favorite stores? Kate Spade, TopShop, ASOS, H&M, J.Crew.. just to name a few.
- Dream place to live? Dream place to live? Playa Del Carmen
- The product you're obsessed with right now? I know it's been around for a couple months now, but the Philip Lim Pashli Satchel is something I've been swooning over for quite some time. It's the perfect structured handbag!
- Biggest indulgence? It's a toss up between chocolate and wine.
- Girl crush? As of right now I'd have to say Alicia of Cheetah is the New Black, she's so fab and classic all while being unique and true to herself and her style.
- Favorite song? Besides J.Bieb's new CD (obvs), I can't stop listening to Foxes - Youth (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)
- Prized posession? My new Nespresso machine, it's a dream!
The stylish crew at The Style Spy.
- Current hangout? With having two jobs, writing for thestylespy.com and managing Cake for Breakfast, it's difficult to find time to 'hangout'! However when I find a couple hours I think my favourite thing to do is relax on a patio with a chilled pinot gris, any sunny patio will do!
- Motto? YOLO. Oh my goodness no I'm just kidding. I like to live by the golden rule of 'work hard and be nice to people', it's so easy and so simple.
- Best place on earth? It's a toss up between Paris, Cuernavaca, Playa Del Carmen and of course Disneyland!
- Favorite drink? Besides the classic chilled wine or beer, if I'm looking for something a little stronger, Cactus Club Cafe has a Dirty Vegas martini that will knock your socks off. It consists of muddled strawberries, vodka, lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar and a dash of simple syrup,shaken on ice and topped with fresh cracked pepper. It's the perfect sipper.
Totally awesome gal right? Well, be prepared to find out how much more awesome she is! Tessa has generously offered up one of her fabulous Anchors Away bracelets for one of our Tartan & Sequins fans! Use the Rafflecopter below to enter!!
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for commenting!