No, I did not choose today's Girl Crush of the Week because she has the same name as me, although, it is an unspoken rule that everyone named Julia is awesome. No, I chose her because, name aside, she really IS AWESOME. Julia Ryan of JuliaRyan.com is fabulous, stylish, talented and a wonderful mom of two adorable tots.
|Just look at these cuties!!|
- Style icon(s)? Olivia Palermo and Gwyneth Paltrow. I love their classic and effortless chic looks. Lady-like but not trying too hard. Their look exudes confidence and a well-traveled aura.
- Favorite reads? Historical fiction. I love reading about the Tudors and past aristocracy. Their drama and lives fascinates me. I'm also a sucker for a good pop-culture trilogy.
- Favorite perfume? I honestly don't wear perfume. I have really sensitive skin so it's just a must for me. Trish McEvoy Blueberry Vanilla is my favorite scent when I do want to step it up a notch.
- Interior design philosophy? Classic with an updated twist. I like collected and livable spaces that don't feel too new or too overdone. I like to see interest added with texture and layers and pattern rather than too much color. I crave a calm retreat over a busy explosion of what's in-style.
- Personal style philosophy? Very similar to my design aesthetic, I prefer simple classic lines that allow the person to shine through. Comfort and liveablitly are imperative. I want to wear my clothes not have them wear me. Skinny jeans and flats are my uniform. I like a classic pair of pointed toe pumps to dress it up for date night. And of course, leopard. That's a staple.
- Must-have beauty product? Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I love a good clean face that's not too heavily made up. Laura Mercier gives you that creamy glowing complexion we all crave.
- Secret addiction? Hairspray. It's a secret weapon. I honestly can't remember the last day that I didn't spray my hair at least twice. I'm a fan of a casual pony-tail or top-knot which requires teasing and spray to give it some oomph. And it works wonders on the frizz and fly-aways we constantly battle in the South. I also love a good messy wave which needs some hair spray to stay in place. See? You always need it.
- Motto/quote to live by? "Create a life that feels good on the inside not just one that looks good on the outside."
- Favorite drink? That's easy. Champagne! It makes even the ordinary feel like a special occasion.
- My bracelet stack isn't complete without... I actually don't wear bracelets. Or earrings for that matter. I've been in baby-mama mode for several years now and they just get in the way. I'm a big fan of a good statement necklace or scarf though.
|What do you know, it's another awesome Julia!|
- I get my sweat on by... Time to get real, I don't work out. I've never been a fan of organized exercise. Shame on me. At this stage I get plenty of cardio and muscle toning from carrying around and chasing after my two year old and three year old. I'm pretty intrigued by the current barre craze lately.
Isn't she just the best? Follow her daily adventures here!