Girl Crush of the Week - Marguerite Walters
Even though Marguerite didn't go to Miami, since I know we have an amazing Miami alum readership that will totally appreciate this, I'm going equate discovering Such Good Style with seeing the most adorable girl walk past you on Slant Walk (to non-Miami friends - the Slant Walk is the main sidewalk that cuts diagonally across campus and is essentially a catwalk for beautiful preps) and shamelessly turning around 180 degrees to check out her boots, jeans, belt, flawless haircut, and killer tan. Since I was born without an internal system of social impulse control, I shamelessly do a double take when I see a girl with great style, but I know that even socially restrained people (call them "cool" if you will) do this when they see a great outfit.
And this is the essence of the Girl Crush feature, no!? To me, our Tartan & Sequins Girl Crush of the Week is ALL about the seizing the moments when you see an uber-chic girl on the street (and let's be honest, these days, the interwebs are our street) and think, I love her! We would totally be friends! And instead of walking by her thinking of the bff montages that might have been...you actually ask her if she wants to go get a drink and you hang for 5 hours and maybe you get friendship bracelets and you probably text each other 15 times a day after that initial friend-date.
Marguerite of Such Good Style is that girl. She is the friend who your Grandmother would adore, but who would also be totally up for Sunday Funday. She effortlessly mixes Chanel, J. Crew, and heirloom family jewelery - she's a girl after our own hearts, and we know you'll be just as obsessed with Marguerite and Such Good Style as we are!
- Style icons? Marguerite Behr (my grandmother), Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Jackie O, Twiggy, and Victoria Beckham.
|This picture is just beyond. I can't even caption it.|
- Design philosophy? I'd classify myself as a mixture of Classic Style and High Fashion. Classic style is chic, simple and elegant while High Fashion clothing requires self knowledge, nerve, and creative spirit. I love pairing them together in a personal and original way.
- Favorite book of all time? Anything that Emily Giffin has written. I love all of her books, but my favorite is probably Love the One You're With.
- Best advice you ever received? Never leave a good party looking for a better one.
|Marguerite: I like your moves. Baby: I like your style.|
- Favorite stores? Tibi, Chanel, Proenza Schouler, JCrew, Lilly Pulitzer, Tory Burch
|A Fashionista is born!|
- Dream place to live? Anywhere near the beach!
- The one product you're obsessed with right now? Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara...it's inexpensive and works great!
- Girl crush? It’s a tie between Blake Lively and Emma Stone. They both have impeccable and original style that I emulate.
- Favorite song? “This must be the place” by The Talking Heads
|Tartan & Sequins: Work that Chanel! Such Good Style: It's like whatever.|
- Prized possession? My Chanel bag
- Current hangout? At the beach with my family
- Motto? Be grateful and graceful.
- Best place on earth? Avalon, NJ...it is my happy place!
|I think we just died and went to Prep Heaven...Marguerite was there to meet us in a golf cart, wearing this little number.|
- Favorite drink? Champagne
Such Good Style // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest
Love, love, love your style! You are so cute! xo.ReplyDelete
so glad you liked the feature, Meg! And we agree - Marguerite is the cutest! :)Delete
great style and you are so right about that one pic...words cant describe how fabulous that dress is!ReplyDelete
I mean, everytime I scroll down the page I get stuck on that picture and gawk!!! :)Delete
I need to start a collection of sketches dedicated to ladies with real style!ReplyDelete
Patricia, that would be simply divine! Your sketches + fabulous ladies would be heaven!! :)Delete
I am obsesssssssed with her style. Can I please borrow from her closet?!?! Love it all!ReplyDelete
Right!? Guess there's a reason she calls her blog "Such Good Style"!! ;)Delete
I seriously love this feature!!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Brookelyn! It gives us a chance to gush over all the adorable girls we meet without feeling like (total) weirdos!! :) xx AllisonReplyDelete