Product Review: Suave Dry Shampoo
I instagrammed a pic of my just-purchased Suave dry shampoo, posted to Facebook and immediately received even more comments- you all were in love with the product! I couldn't wait to try it.
I have been using it for the past several days which I feel is enough to pass judgement. Based off my criteria outlined in my previous post, here is my assessment:
- How well does it absorb the oil and dirt? As in, can you go the whole day grease-free?
- When used lightly on roots only, it worked great. However, if you spray your whole head, as one reader commented, it left my hair sticky and waxy. I sprayed it on 2nd day hair hoping to get a 2nd day of wearing my hair down out of it and no dice. My hair has been in a bun since 10am :(.
- Is it light and invisible? Or is it heavy and leaves a chalky residue?
- Depends on the volume you use. When I used just a quick spray on my roots- fine. But with a heavier application, it left my hair feeling waxy.
- How does it smell?
- It smells great! Very light and doesn't compete with my perfume.
I think for my next experiment, I'll try another reader suggestion, Oscar Blandi dry shampoo :) Any other ones out there I should try?
see, i have pretty thick, coarse hair so maybe thats why i dont have any of those issues with it. cant wait to see your next dry shampoo review!ReplyDelete
i had that same experience with the sticky feeling. i don't think i used too much (probably the same amount as any dry shampoo i've ever used) but it left me feeling like i had a ton of hairspray in my hair! i'm a big fan of the oscar blandi brand!! i've had bad luck with the aerosol cans getting clogged, so i've been using the loose powder (it has the nozzle of a bottle of glue) and it's fantastic!!ReplyDelete
Batiste, batiste, batiste! It's like £2 in the UK, comes in loads of yummy flavours (cherry is my personal favourite) and never makes the hair waxy. Give it a go!ReplyDelete
My Bumble and Bumble just ran out, so I bought it at CVS Saturday and I agree with you - can't wear my hair down with it! I did like the smell too though :) Try the Bumble and Bumble I really love it.... not the price so much, but one can lasts a really long time!ReplyDelete
Maybe this is one of the most useful way to protect our surface in this hot summer, and you should also wear a Ladies black leather Platform Shoes on http://www.cwmalls.com to make you more fashion and charming!ReplyDelete
The best one I have found so far is Psssst Dry Shampoo. Its available at Walgreens. Believe me, I've tried them all, drugstore brands and 'higher' end brands, but since I've purchased Pssst, I havent looked back! It was recommended by the fabulous Courtney Kerr (doesnt she have the most killer hair?!?!)ReplyDelete
I always use dry shampoo! it’s great for those in between days isn’t it? I find it helps when putting my hair up too, gives it a bit more texture. I usually get Fudge or Tigi from Hairtrade as that is the cheapest place you can get it at the moment xReplyDelete