Girl Crush of the Week: Chelsea Sallee
|Isn't she just the epitome of cool?!|
When we first came across the blog A Bit of Sass, we were drawn in by the fabulous eye of the blog's founder, Chelsea Sallee. Through her blog, Chelsea curates for her readers everything from chic tablet bags to gorg interior design. As something she started to express her creativity when she was looking for a job, A Bit of Sass is a force to be reckoned with :)
|I mean hello, GORG!|
Chelsea recently moved from LA to San Francisco with her boyfriend which is a move I made myself a few years ago (sans bf). She also works in marketing/pr and as I work in advertising myself, I sort of felt like we were soul mates. So when it came time for us to choose our next Girl Crush, Chelsea was a natural fit! Please join us in getting to know the chic lady behind the blog!
- Style icons? Kate Moss, Kate Hudson: Both have style of their own and are chic with a rock edge.
- Design philosophy? Your home should be a reflection of yourself. Fill it with things you love and your design style will find you.
- Favorite book of all time? Does Vogue count? I hate to admit this, but I read so many magazines and news articles for work I rarely relax by reading a novel anymore.
- Best advice you ever received? “The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life” - I found this quote on Pinterest and I couldn’t agree more. Now I just need to figure out how to make a living by online shopping!
- Favorite stores? Shopbop.com, Zara, Barney’s, Sephora
- Dream place to live? Santa Barbara, CA. My boyfriend lived there for years after college and we visit often. The weather is beautiful, the beaches are plentiful, wine tasting is around the corner, and you’re close enough to L.A. to jet down for a day of shopping.
|Chelsea and her main squeeze Blaine. They just moved up to San Francisco together from LA in October!|
- The one product you're obsessed with right now? Nars bronzing powder in Laguna has been a must have for me for a couple years. I don’t tan my face at all so it is essential for me in order to avoid looking like Casper.
- Biggest indulgence? Parking in San Francisco! I currently live a bit outside of the city, and after a month of taking the train and a bus to work I had had enough. Now I pay a pretty penny to park near my office, but being an LA girl, it’s essential for me to have my quiet car time to mentally get ready for the day ahead and conversely to decompress in the evening.
- Girl crush? Erin Wasson. I had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times when I worked at a boutique in Santa Monica. Besides having phenomenal taste, she was probably the coolest most down to earth customer I had. I love her line of jewelry (Low Luv x Erin Wasson), it adds the perfect touch of rock’n’roll to an outfit.
|Chelsea at Coachella this year. Aside from the music (obvi) she loves the creativity |
that people use when dressing for Coachella. She's even already bought tickets
and booked her house for next year!
- Favorite song? This is a tough one. Currently I love anything by Kaskade. All time favorite would probably be “The District Sleeps Alone Tonight” by The Postal Service.
- Prized possession? My 8 year old Lhaso Apso mix, Chopper. He is like my child- it is borderline unhealthy, lol. He ha had two back surgeries in the past 2 years but he is a tough little guy and is as feisty as ever.
|Chelsea and Chopper in Dolores Park. Love that skirt honey boo boo!|
- Current hangout? My boyfriend and I just moved to SF in the fall, so we don’t have a “hang out” yet. I will say though that we love a little Dolores Park action on the weekends now that the weather is nice. Mimosas and people watching on a Sunday just never gets old.
- Motto? When all else fails, just laugh. -- Have you ever had one of those days/weeks when everything that could go wrong did? You can wallow in your misery or you can laugh about it and try again tomorrow. I do my best to see a silver lining and make light of the bad times so I am ready to welcome in the good.
|Chelsea and her homey Wally!|
- Best place on earth? My mom’s front porch in San Diego, CA. There is nothing like drinking a glass of wine, watching the sunset over the ocean and knowing that you’re “home”
- Favorite drink? Well I do love a glass of bubbly, but my go-to drink is Kettle and soda with a splash of cran.
Get to know Chelsea even better by following her on these social media channels: