Spicy Jalapeño Margaritas Recipe
Much like with the Cauliflower Steaks, I recently had a cocktail at a restaurant that was TO DIE FOR. The cocktail in question was a version of a spicy jalapeño margarita and I could not get it off my mind. I know it's winter and all but I can't be the only one craving warmer temps! Margaritas take me to a more tropical place and I love that.
And so, with last Saturday being National Margarita Day, I just knew I had to have one. I did some googling and some tweaking and here is my recipe for delicious and healthy (ish) spicy jalapeño margaritas!
Spicy Jalapeño Margaritas Recipe - Makes 2
4 Shots Silver Tequila
1 Tsp Sugar/Sugar Substitute/Agave
1 Splash Triple Sec (optional)
- Thinly slice up 1/2 of a raw jalapeño and add it to a jar containing 4 shots of tequila. Let sit 1-24 hours.
- After the tequila is infused, add it to a cocktail shaker with the juice of 1/2 an orange, and 1/2 of a lime. Add 1 tsp sugar/sugar substitute/agave.
- Do a quick stir and taste. If you want it sweeter, add a spas of Triple Sec.
- Add one ice cube and shake vigorously.
- Pour over ice and divide between two glasses.