Cauliflower Steaks with Couscous and Lemon Tahini Sauce
|Apologies for the iPhone photo, |
I didn't know the recipe was going to be the bomb.com.
Last week when I posted the photo above on Instagram, I got several questions regarding the recipe. Here's the thing- there was no recipe. You know when you have a killer meal at a restaurant and are craving it so much you say, 'hell, I think I can make that'? Well that's what happened here. After having a delicious meal at a restaurant in LA, I cobbled together a few recipes and waaaaalaaa, here is my version.
Cauliflower Steaks with Couscous and Lemon Tahini Sauce - Serves 4
1 tsp coconut oil
1 head cauliflower - large
1 box Near East couscous - I used the Toasted Pine Nut mix
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp divided
1 tbsp water
- Make the dressing
- In a food processor, combine garlic, tahini, lemon juice (2 tbsp), water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until smooth and put aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While it's warming up, cut the head of cauliflower into 4 steaks.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a 12" skillet until melted. Add the cauliflower steaks lightly season with salt and pepper, then cook until undersides are golden/lightly charred, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer steaks onto a coated baking sheet and spritz lightly with lemon juice (1 tsp). Cook steaks for about 15 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, make the couscous according to package instructions. The whole process should take about 6 minutes.
- Remove steaks from oven once cooked through. While they are cooling, plate the couscous onto four plates.
- On top of the couscous, drizzle the lemon tahini sauce.
- After the steaks have cooled slightly (you want to serve them warm), place them atop the couscous and lemon tahini sauce.
- Top the steaks with capers, the quantity is totally up to you. I think I probably put a tablespoon on each, but I love my salt.
- Squeeze any remaining lemon juice lightly on top and finish off with a sprinkle of salt.
I hope you all enjoy this dish!!