Girl Crush of the Week: Samantha Penner
Today's Girl Crush of the Week is everything that defines a girl crush- bright, energetic, girly, pretty, and has impeccable taste. Who could this be? Well Sam Penner of course! Sam's blog, The Peak of Tres Chic, documents her love of good design, fashion, entertaining, travel, and pieces of her own life. It's a must-read that I think you all would love. Before you check it out, get to know Sam a little more as today's Girl Crush of the Week!
- Style icon? Sienna Miller- I love her minimalist, boho style. She always looks comfortable, yet chic and put together. And of course, Coco Chanel!
- Favorite book? Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I picked it up randomly in an airport book store in London, and finished it by the time I arrived back in the States. I love Gilbert's style of writing. She gave a TED talk after the success of this book that was also incredibly inspiring.
- Favorite perfume? I love to wear Angel by Thierry Mugler for special nights out- it's a spicy, unexpected scent that always gets compliments! Lately, I've been wearing Kate Spade's new scent, Live Colorfully, for everyday.
- Interior design philosophy? Surround yourself with the things you love, and don't get in a rush to finish your home right this second. A house will feel more lived in and special if you allow yourself to collect things you love or find over time, rather than settling for something just because you want to fill your space. And if you want to bring in a trendy fabric or piece, I suggest you do it on a small scale (i.e. throw pillows, etc.) so it can be easily changed out when you get tired of it. :)
- Best "hidden gem" store? Here in Houston, there are so many wonderful antique and home goods stores. I love the consignment portion of Memorial Antiques and Interiors- I once found a vintage Louis Vuitton travel bag there!
- Must-have beauty product? Warmth by Bare Minerals. I dust it on my cheekbones and T zone, and it gives you that instant sun-kissed glow, even in the middle of winter!
- Favorite song? It is hard to choose just one! I love all kinds of music. Daft Punk's "Veridis Quo" is a definite favorite, and I've been loving M83's "Reunion" lately.
- Secret addiction? Texting in the shower. I know- it's ridiculous (and dangerous!).
- Motto/quote to live by? “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”- Rumi
- Favorite drink? Cabernet Sauvinon from Peju Winery in Napa Valley. My fiance and I split a bottle of it on special occasions. There's nothing better!
- My bracelet stack isn't complete without... Anything gold! Of course I'm lusting after the Cartier love bracelet... but I don't think I'll own it anytime soon ;)
- I get my sweat on by... Revolution at a local spin studio here in Houston called Define Body & Mind. Revolution (Rev for short) is a high-intensity spin class that mixes in hand weights and a resistance ball. The instructors always manage to make the class a ton of fun by turning off the lights, lighting candles, and playing amazing music. I actually enjoy the workout!