With the holiday season being upon us and my sweet tooth being what it is, I have been searching for some yummy, but guilt-free holiday treat recipes. As luck would have it, after reading about my #fiveorless challenge, the wonderful folks over at Nutiva sent me some coconut flour to experiment with. I did some searching and found a super yummy coconut flour banana bread recipe to try. Since it's fall though, I wanted to crank things up a notch so I modified the recipe to create Pumpkin Banana Bread.
The finished product was nothing short of amazing. It was moist and flavorful and just so so yummy. The best part was that it was indulgent, but also guilt-free. Now, it look more than 5 ingredients to make but all were ingredients that I could pronounce and had little-to-no processing involved. So if you are looking for an incredibly yummy, but guilt-free holiday treat, this recipe is for you. Paleo or gluten free friends, you will especially love this :)
Pumpkin Banana Bread with Coconut and Cashew Flour (modified from this recipe)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cashew flour (or almond)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, or berries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Using a whisk or fork, blend all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients together, blend well, and then mix them into the dry ingredients. I used a mixer to ensure the batter is well blended.
- Grease the baking pan with coconut oil. Add the batter to the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool and slice. Store sealed at room temperature for a few days, in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or freeze for a few months.
Enjoy!! Xo J