|The only photo I could snap of this glorious creation before my starving husband gobbled it up.|
Lemony Kale and Fig Salad Recipe
Ingredients - Salad
- 1/2 bunch kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cups cooked quinoa, (from 1/2 cup raw quinoa)
- 8 figs, quartered
- 1 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1.5 oz , chopped (1/2 a standard package)
Ingredients - Dressing
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic
- 1 Tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Place kale in a large bowl and squeeze lemon over the top. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Mix quinoa into kale. Normally people prefer the quinoa to cool but I added it to the salad when it was still warm and it was divine!
- Add quartered figs and crumbled gorgonzola into bowl and toss well.
- Prepare dressing (whisk all ingredients together) and pour over the salad.
- Top salad with chopped
I'm so excited about this new recipe and hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!